Editor’s note: This post has been updated with new information.
JetBlue Airways is celebrating its 23rd birthday this week with five days of deals. It is ending the week with a big birthday surprise – one last chance to snag fares as low as $49 one-way.
Don’t forget that you still have time to take advantage of deals from earlier in the week, including up to $600 off flight-and-hotel or flight-and-cruise vacation packages through JetBlue Vacations and a 2-points-per-dollar bonus on hotel bookings with Paisly.
Airline: JetBlue Airways.
How to book: Directly with the airline.
Travel dates: March 1 through April 26, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only.
Book by: Feb. 10 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
The lowest fares that ring in at $44 are Blue Basic fares, which charge extra for seat selection and baggage. You can pay at least $100 to change these fares, depending on the route. For Blue, Blue Basic and Blue Extra fares, your first checked bag is $35, and the second checked bag is $45.
Blue Basic fares do not include a full-size carry-on bag, and any carry-on bag beyond the personal item brought to the gate will need to be checked and incur a fee.
Although most of the cheapest one-way flights start at $49, I came across a few for $44. Below is a sample of the lowest-priced deals available:
- Harry Reid International Airport (LAS) to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), starting at $44.
- LAX to San Francisco International Airport (SFO), starting at $44.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU), starting at $49.
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) to Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY), starting at $49.
- Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV) to LaGuardia Airport (LGA), starting at $49.
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) to FLL, starting at $49.
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) to Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI), starting at $49.
- JFK and LGA to SAV, starting at $49.
Note that a select assortment of Latin American and Caribbean routes are included. However, this sale excludes transatlantic routes.
Sign up for our daily newsletter
To find all of the flights available with this deal, you can view deals from a select airport or from “anywhere” using the pencil icon as shown below.
Maximize your purchase
Use a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases. For JetBlue frequent flyers, try the JetBlue Plus Card (6 points per dollar on eligible JetBlue purchases) or the JetBlue Card (3 points per dollar on eligible JetBlue purchases). Or try the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar on travel).
The information for the JetBlue Card and the JetBlue Plus Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Related: Best credit cards for JetBlue flyers
If you want in on flights starting at just $44 each way, be sure to snag your flights before 11:59 p.m. EST Friday.